What to do if you need to park in a restricted area while carrying out work
If you drive a commercial vehicle, or are a contractor and need to park in a restricted area for a job, you need to fill in an application form at least 7 working days prior to the start date.
If the dispensation is granted it will be processed and sent within 3 working days from receipt of the application form and payment.
- £15.00 for one day (per vehicle)
- £30.00 for one week (per vehicle)
You can pay by cheque, or debit or credit card.
A dispensation permit will only be issued for a maximum of 2 weeks at a time.
Make sure your Dispensation permit is clearly displayed on your dashboard when you’re parked in a restricted area so you don't get a fine.
If it is an emergency job, please phone 01202 451268 to speak to a Parking Services Operations Supervisor to see if you can have permission
Terms and conditions
- Failure to comply with these conditions will lead to the withdrawal of the Dispensation.
- This is not a general dispensation and is only issued in respect of the vehicle, periods and purposes shown.
- Materials or goods must not be deposited on the foot way or carriageway (except to the immediate rear of the vehicle); nor shall they be passed across any part of the foot way or carriageway in any manner which may interfere with the safety of pedestrians and/or of other vehicles.
- The dispensation does not permit general parking at the location stated. The motorist must move the vehicle elsewhere and within the regulations once the purpose stated has been accomplished.
- The applicant/driver must display clearly a telephone number and/or address at which he/ she can be contacted immediately.
- The Applicant/ driver must move the vehicle is so directed by a police officer or a civil enforcement officer authorised by the Council.
- The applicant/ driver must park safely at all times and not obstruct access to side roads and/ or adjacent premises.
- This dispensation is non-refundable.